A message from our Chairman:
Welcome to our new website
“Welcome to the new Dore Village Society website. We are still making some adjustments to ensure that this new website provides all the information contained in its predecessor, and is easy to find. While we have tested the site thoroughly there may be errors, omissions or anomalies which we haven’t yet come across. If you notice any please let us know at email@example.com and we will correct them at our earliest opportunity. We hope you enjoy the new website and find it easy to use. If you would like to provide any feedback you can do so at the above email address.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Amey plc have notified us of resurfacing works which will be undertaken on Vicarage Lane during the week commencing December 18th. The works …
- Leaders and members of the 267th Dore Scouts braved a wet and cold November morning to collect a cheque for almost £4,000 from the Co- …
- Confirmation has now been received that Streets Ahead have scheduled the felling of the Vernon Oak on Vernon Road S17 3QE for next week. Res …
- Christmas concert of Music and More 16th December at 2:30pm, Dore Methodist Church , Savage Lane, Dore, Sheffield. S17 3GU.Tickets £8 from Derek Habberjam - Tel: 0114 2362299.
- Millhouses Methodist Church, Millhouses Lane 7.30pm.
- Totley Library Community Cinema presents Despicable Me 3 (children's Film).Venue Totley Community Library, 205 Baslow Rd, Sheffield S17 4DT. Telephone 0114 236 3971 Tickets to …