A message from our Chairman:
Proposed Sale of Dore Parish Church Hall
“Thank you to everyone who has contacted us in the last few months about the proposed sale of Dore Parish Church Hall. We have been very busy on this matter since the proposed sale was announced. To find out what we have been doing, and what we will be doing shortly, click here. If you have any comments or suggestions, please email them to email@example.com.The Parochial Church Council has called a public meeting to discuss the future of the Hall. Click here for details of this.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Travel South Yorkshire have published a consultation on new proposals to make changes to the M17 bus service which runs from Dore to Jordant …
- Firstly let me start by apologising to parents and children for the cancellation of this year’s lantern parade, an …
- Dear supporters The Council have now formally invited the campaign to begin initial talks and the invitation has been accepted …
- Totley Rise Methodist Church 10.00amIllustrated talk by Prof. Geoff CraigVisitors welcome.
- Totley Library 7.30pmAn illustrated talk by Hilary Hutson.Visitors welcome £3
- Dore Ladies Group.Talk by Becki Hastings, a member of the original Military Wives Choir.7.45pm Dore Church Hall. Visitors welcome.