A message from our Chairman:
Welcome to the Dore Village Society
“The DVS AGM was held on Wednesday 13th June where we said goodbye to three long serviing committee members: Dawn Biram, Dawn Coggins and Kath Lawrence. Four new committee members were elected: Jen Donnelly, Alex Howe, Godfrey Wilkinson and Mark Ridler. Their profiles and their areas of interest will be posted on the website shortly. Caroline Burgin joined the committee in June as the new DVS secretary. We have a new Membership Secretary and assistant Treasurer, Joan Davis, while Janet Ridler is now responsible for Archives, and Mark Ridler has taken over the environment portfolio.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Travel South Yorkshire have published a consultation on new proposals to make changes to the M17 bus service which runs from Dore to Jordant …
- Firstly let me start by apologising to parents and children for the cancellation of this year’s lantern parade, an …
- Dear supporters The Council have now formally invited the campaign to begin initial talks and the invitation has been accepted …
- Dore Mercia Townswomen's Guild - Meet 9.30am for 10am, Dore Methodist Church Hall."Life in the Fire Service", talk by Mike Hodgkins.Visitors welcome.
- Dore Methodist Church Ladies Tuesday Group, 7.30 pm Dore Methodist Church Hall. 'A Master Farrier', speaker Doug Bradbury. Visitors welcome.
- Dore Quilters meeting 6-9pm, Dore Old School.Tonight, Make a fabric covered box. Visitors welcome.