A message from our Chairman:
Welcome to the Dore Village Society
“The DVS AGM was held on Wednesday 13th June where we said goodbye to three long serviing committee members: Dawn Biram, Dawn Coggins and Kath Lawrence. Four new committee members were elected: Jen Donnelly, Alex Howe, Godfrey Wilkinson and Mark Ridler. Their profiles and their areas of interest will be posted on the website shortly. Caroline Burgin joined the committee in June as the new DVS secretary. We have a new Membership Secretary and assistant Treasurer, Joan Davis, while Janet Ridler is now responsible for Archives, and Mark Ridler has taken over the environment portfolio.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Travel South Yorkshire have published a consultation on new proposals to make changes to the M17 bus service which runs from Dore to Jordant …
- Firstly let me start by apologising to parents and children for the cancellation of this year’s lantern parade, an …
- Dear supporters The Council have now formally invited the campaign to begin initial talks and the invitation has been accepted …
- Dore Gilbert & Sullivan Society Christmas ConcertDec 22nd at 2:30pm in Dore Methodist Church, S17 3GUTickets £8 each from Derek Habberjam: Tel 0114 236 2299.
- The Dore Village Society’s very popular annual Wassail Walk for all the family – onto and around Black Moor (a site of Special Scientific Interest.) This is a chance to clear your he …
- Dore Ladies Group.Talk by Becki Hastings, a member of the original Military Wives Choir.7.45pm Dore Church Hall. Visitors welcome.