A message from our Chairman:
Final Meeting For Forum Members To Approve the Dore Neighbourhood Plan
“There will be a meeting in the Christ Church Hall on Townhead Road of the Dore Neighbourhood Forum at 7.45pm on Wednesday 19th June to approve the final draft of the Neighbourhood Plan before its submission to Sheffield City Council and the Peak District National Park Authority. Do please join us for this important chance to help determine how Dore develops in the future. Click here to read more. You may download and read the final draft of the Neighbourhood Plan here.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- An application has been made to renew the status of Dore Village Society as the designated neighbourhood forum for the Dore Neighbourhood Ar …
- Funeral arrangements for Revd Neil MarchantSadly, Neil had a fall and died in his home on 10th May.His funeral will be held on Th …
- There will be a meeting in the Christ Church Hall on Townhead Road of the Dore Neighbourhood Forum at 7.45pm on Wednesday 19th June to& …
- 18 July: Local Garden Visit TBC (evening)Meet Dore Methodist Church Hall, 7.30pm. Visitors welcome £3.
- Friends of Gillfield Wood: Practical Conservation MorningPractical conservation mornings are run with the help of the Sheffield Council Ranger Service. We meet at 10am on one Sunday in the mon …
- Dore Mercia Townswomen's Guild, Dore Methodist Church Hall, 10am.Talk "Lace Making" by Kerry Brooksbank.