A message from our Chairman:
Welcome to the Dore Village Society
“The DVS AGM was held on Wednesday 13th June where we said goodbye to three long serviing committee members: Dawn Biram, Dawn Coggins and Kath Lawrence. Four new committee members were elected: Jen Donnelly, Alex Howe, Godfrey Wilkinson and Mark Ridler. Their profiles and their areas of interest will be posted on the website shortly. Caroline Burgin joined the committee in June as the new DVS secretary. We have a new Membership Secretary and assistant Treasurer, Joan Davis, while Janet Ridler is now responsible for Archives, and Mark Ridler has taken over the environment portfolio.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Dear supporters The Council have now formally invited the campaign to begin initial talks and the invitation has been accepted …
- Free computer sessionsWe know that many of our tenants don’t have the confidence or the know-how to access the internet. That's why …
- The blueprint which will dictate how Sheffield is developed over the next 15 years is due to be unveiled. The Local Plan is a framewo …
- Fairy Doors Discovery DayWoodland Discovery Centre, Abbey Lane 9.30am – 11.30amBring your children along for a day of excitement and discovery. The event will also be a way ofengaging bo …
- Wednesday 17th October 7.30p.m. Dore Methodist Church Hall.Talk by Michael McNaught, Parks Officer Derby Arboretum - "Derby Arboretum"
- "Derby Arboretum", speaker Michael McNaught (Parks Officer Derby arboretum). Dore Methodist Church Hall, 7.30pm. Visitors welcome £3.