A message from our Chairman:
Welcome to our new website
“Welcome to the new Dore Village Society website. We are still making some adjustments to ensure that this new website provides all the information contained in its predecessor, and is easy to find. While we have tested the site thoroughly there may be errors, omissions or anomalies which we haven’t yet come across. If you notice any please let us know at email@example.com and we will correct them at our earliest opportunity. We hope you enjoy the new website and find it easy to use. If you would like to provide any feedback you can do so at the above email address.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Confirmation has now been received that Streets Ahead have scheduled the felling of the Vernon Oak on Vernon Road S17 3QE for next week. Res …
- Every year each of the four wards that make up the South West area produces a set of Ward Priorities. The South West Councillors have refres …
- The meeting of the Dore Neighbourhood Forum planned for 24 October at King Ecgbert’s School (as advertised in the last edition of Dore …
- Dore Mercia Townswomen's Guild, Methodist Church Hall 10.30am. "Mothers Little Helpers", speaker Susan Watts.
- Totley Rise Methodist Church 10.00am. Talk by Dr. George Clarke. Visitors welcome
- Totley Library 7.30pm. An open discussion meeting on the buildings and open spaces of Totley. Visitors welcome