A message from our Chairman:
Proposed Sale of Dore Parish Church Hall
“Thank you to everyone who has contacted us in the last few months about the proposed sale of Dore Parish Church Hall. We have been very busy on this matter since the proposed sale was announced. To find out what we have been doing, and what we will be doing shortly, click here. If you have any comments or suggestions, please email them to email@example.com.The Parochial Church Council has called a public meeting to discuss the future of the Hall. Click here for details of this.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Church HallThe Parish Church Council (PCC) met on 12th February to review comments, questions and suggestions which were received, both ve …
- Travel South Yorkshire have published a consultation on new proposals to make changes to the M17 bus service which runs from Dore to Jordant …
- Firstly let me start by apologising to parents and children for the cancellation of this year’s lantern parade, an …
- Speaker Peter Kohn - Meconopsis & LiliesMeet Dore Methodist Church Hall, 7.30pm. Visitors welcome £3.
- Friends of Whinfell Quarry Garden Working Day - general maintenance and gardening work.Volunteers meet at the main gate to the gardens (next to Whirlowbrook Park) at 9.30am.
- Transport 17 Fundraising Coffee Morning at the Cross Scythes public house, Baslow Road 10am - noon.Come along and support the work of this valuable group to assist the older members of our com …