A message from our Chairman:
Last Chance to Comment on the draft Dore Neighbourhood Plan
“At the Dore Neighbourhood Forum meeting on 21 March, the Forum approved the draft Neighbourhood Plan and authorised the Steering Group to send it out for a final public consultation before its formal submission to our two Planning Authorities, Sheffield City Council and the Peak District National Park Authority. This consultative stage is called the Pre-Submission Consultation. If you wish to make comments you must do so by 29 May. Details of how to do so and the documentation involved can be found here.”
Although Dore village is a relatively small suburb of Sheffield (with a population of about 7,000) it has a rich and varied collection of amenities, shops, restaurants, societies and interest groups, as well as three churches, two church halls, three public houses with restaurants, a group GP practice, a dental practice, a chiropodist, a care home for the elderly and retirement apartments for the over 60s.
Dore Village Society welcomes you to our little corner of South Yorkshire.
- Due to a clerical error, the web address for our Data Protection Policy published in the new edition of Dore to Door was incorrect. The docu …
- The proposed Royal Wedding event on May 19th, announced in the most recent issure of Dore to Door magazine, will not now take place. …
- FREE PARK & RIDE FOR HALF-MARATHON RUNNERSTravel South Yorkshire is supporting this Sunday’s Sheffield Half Marathon by offering …
- Abbeydale Miniature Railway.Abbeydale Road South (near Dore station on opposite side of road) 1.00pm – 5.00pm. We are a not-for-profit model engineering society and our staff are …
- Christ Church Dore Ladies Group.Invite you to “Developments in the Porter Valley” A talk with slides by Ann Le Sage.Church Hall, Townhead RoadTuesday 5th June, 7:45pmVisitors Welcome
- Local Artists' Exhibition and Sale of WorkThe United Reformed Church, Totley Brook Road S17.Admission free.