Free computer sessions
We know that many of our tenants don’t have the confidence or the know-how to access the internet. That's why we have an arrangement with Heeley Trust to deliver free computer classes to help our tenants get online.
Being able to do things online like shopping, banking and socialising, can save you money and make things easier and more convenient. Importantly, from November you will only be able to apply for Universal Credit online.
How these classes can help you
If you're a Council tenant and would like to do more on the internet but you're not sure how to, or if you're worried about having to apply online for Universal Credit, then why not sign-up to a class near you?
The classes are held at venues all across the city and are run by friendly, helpful advisors from the Heeley Trust who will help you gain the skills you need at a pace that suits you.
As well as help to apply for Universal Credit, the classes also cover lots of other topics like how to stay safe on the internet, staying in touch with friends and family, accessing health and other services and online banking.
Go to a computer session near you
You can book a computer session over the phone on 0114 399 1070 or email learningchampion@
The sessions you can attend at your local library are:
- Firth Park: Monday 10am – 12pm
- Manor: Monday 2pm – 4pm
- Totley: Tuesday 10am – 12pm
- Central Library: Tuesday 10am – 12pm
- Burngreave: Tuesday 1pm – 3pm
- Woodseats: Wednesday 1pm - 3pm
- Walkley: Wednesday 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Crystal Peaks: Thursday 10am – 12pm
- Greenhill: Friday 10am – 12pm
- Chapeltown: Friday 10am – 12pm
More classes available across the city. You can also go to free classes at:
- Balfour House (Stocksbridge): Tuesday 10am – 12pm
- Emerson Community Room (Parson Cross): Monday 10am – 12pm
- Greenland Community Centre: Wednesday 10am – 12pm
- Hanover TARA: Monday & Thursday 2pm – 4pm
- Langsett Community Room: Wednesday, 10am – 12pm
- Stannington TARA: Thursday 10am – 12pm
Just call 0114 399 1070 or email learningchampion@