Latest News

Changes in Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour in Sheffield

Changes in Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour in Sheffield

On Thursday 1 February, there will be important changes to the way Sheffield residents report antisocial behaviour issues.
From this date, you will need to report certain antisocial behaviour issues, such as noise nuisance, non-hate crime related graffiti and lost, stray or barking dogs, to Sheffield City Council, not to South Yorkshire Police. You can do this by calling 0114 2734567 or visiting
A full breakdown of antisocial behaviour issues and whose responsibility these are can be found below:

South Yorkshire Police 
Dealing/taking drugs and drinking alcohol in the street 
Gangs and youths drinking in parks 
Harassment or intimidation 
Fly-tipping (happening now) 
Hate Crime related graffiti (motivated by prejudice or intolerance towards an individual’s nationality, ethnicity, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation or disability)

Misuse of fireworks 
Dangerous, out of control dogs 
Threatening / violent neighbour disputes 
Prostitution and indecent behaviour 
Suspicious vehicles
Hoax calls to emergency services

Sheffield City Council 

Abandoned vehicles / parking issues 

Dead animals 

Dog fouling 

Fly posting 

Dumped, fly-tipped waste (nobody present) 

Graffiti (Non Hate Crime related) 

Syringes or needles 

Lost, stray or barking dogs 

Noise disputes, nuisance or DIY related noise 


As well as these changes, from 1 February, if you call 0114 2734567 out of standard office hours to report concerns for vulnerable adults and children, and matters relating to homeless people, you will be dealt with by a Sheffield City Council call handler, not a police call handler.
For more information on reporting antisocial behaviour issues, and the responsibility of Sheffield City Council and South Yorkshire Police from 1 February, please visit or